The West End Bar • A Blantyre Icon for over 80 Years
The West End Bar has been a fixture on the Blantyre landscape for over 80 years.
The story of this Blantyre icon began in 1925 when Captain Joseph MacNeil, a retired Merchant Navy captain, left the Isle of Barra with his wife Elizabeth to start a new life in Blantyre.
After setting up home in the area they took over The Farmers Club, now known as The West End Bar, remaining in the MacNeil family for over 74 years. In 2008 the bar changes hands, until eventually been taken over by another family steeped in the hospitality industry; Lisini Pub Co was established over 50 years ago by legendary ex-Celtic player Harry Hood.
In those 50 years Lisini has gone from strength to strength and will bring their stamp of quality to the grand old lady of Glasgow Road.